• hillingdonherald

Fatal stabbing victim named by police as 46-year-old local man

The victim of the fatal stabbing in Yiewsley yesterday has been named by police as they appeal for witnesses to come forward.

Detectives are hoping that passing motorists can supply them with dash cam footage of either the stabbing or the moments leading up to the death of Dariusz Wolosz (pictured).

They are also asking people to check doorbell cameras.

Police said they were called to Yiewsley High Street at 00:12hrs on Tuesday (January 4) by the London Ambulance Service. Officers attended and joined paramedics who were treating a man found with stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at 00:43hrs.

The Metropolitan Police tonight said that while formal identification awaits, he has been named as Dariusz Wolosz, a Polish national, who was aged 46 and lived locally. His family continue to be supported by specialist officers.

A post-mortem examination is expected to be held at Fulham Mortuary tomorrow.

At this early stage there have been no arrests, the police said.

Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley, Specialist Crime, who is leading the investigation, said: "We believe Dariusz was attacked by a group of males in Tavistock Road following a verbal dispute. The group then fled in different directions.

"The area was busy at the time with passing traffic and people driving past could well have captured dash cam footage of the incident, and the moments leading up to it.

"Dariusz's family are distraught and we are doing everything we can to support them at this time. We need the public's help now to find those responsible.

"I urge local people to check any doorbell and dash cameras to check them; you may have captured something that could be very significant for us."

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC, giving the reference 0063/04JAN.

Information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.


Recent Posts

See All

A barn fire on Hill End Road in Harefield was attended by four fire engines and approximately 25 firemen on May 11. A single-storey barn in a large field was destroyed by the fire. An on-site tractor