• Edna Pinto

How you can celebrate the Queen's big day

Residents wanting to throw a street party for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee have been urged to contact Hillingdon Council to make the necessary arrangements.

The council is providing online application forms for residents who wish to celebrate in style on June 5.

These applications will enable people to gain free public liability insurance and road closures, or alternative opens or green spaces in case road closures are denied. They will be available online from February 14 on the Hillingdon Council website. The council advises that ‘Cul-de-sacs', which are “quiet roads that are not ‘through roads’ and roads not on bus routes” are the most likely to be approved for street parties. Hillingdon Council will also be holding events and activities such as a ‘beacon trail for families’ and the ‘lighting of the Queen’s beacon’.

For more information, visit the Hillingdon Council website: hillingdon.gov.uk as more details will be added.